Daniel asked me why, if we are listing things we are grateful for, is it called "Friday Favorites?" I would have to say it's because I'm often very grateful for my favorite things!
And, oh my, Friday's come quickly. Time seems to be racing away from me.
1. Bulbs. I am grateful for flowers in bulb form. They just come up with the time is right! A few years ago I planted bulbs to come up every month for 6 months. And I love it. My late spring and early summer bulbs are coming up now!
2. Cars. In China we had to bus, walk, or taxi. It was nice because I didn't have deal with the scary driving or the horrendous parking issues, but it's nice to have the freedom of your own vehicle. And listen to your own music.
3. Fridays. Some weeks just seem to last forever and Fridays are wonderful because I know that I get a whole weekend to be home, with my husband and my dogs. Outside in the sunshine or sleeping in till I feel like getting up. Fridays are a precursor to adventure!
4. Short sleeve shirts. I have recently been avoiding long sleeves like the devil. And not just because of the sunshine. Sometimes having constrictive fabric on my arms make me crazy. Short sleeve shirts are wonderful. And the current styles/trends that allow and propagate the comfort of short sleeves.
5. My nieces and nephews. Last night I went to the Symphony with my 7 year old niece. We had a good time. On the way home we talked about family and she said "I wonder what your babies will look like." So we talked about how adoption means my baby could look like anything. Dark hair, light hair, fair skin or tan. It's a mystery until that baby arrives. I'm glad I got some one on one time with Hazel. She's been my buddy for a long time.
What is making you smile today?