I can't believe how quickly the weeks are rolling by. I saw somewhere (twitter maybe?) that Christmas is only 12 Fridays away. Wow.
1. Fall. I love the crispness in the air and the smells of the earth getting ready to hibernate. And the excuse to sip hot cocoa and apple cider on the couch while reading a book. "it's too cold out, I'll just stay warm inside, thank you very much."
2. Friends. Specifically this week, it's friends who like food. Last night we had friends over for dinner and we enjoyed some Chinese hot pots and some white chocolate fondue. So yummy. We had good conversation and a good time.
3. Greek food. Tonight Daniel and I are going on date night to the Ogden Greek festival. We missed it the last two years because we lived in China. We have been looking forward to this for months. Greek food is so good. The cheese and the spinach and the meat and the desserts. My word, the desserts. My favorite is the one that is deep fried donut balls with cinnamon and honey all over them. I can't remember what it's called, but it's good. My other favorite is the feta cheese and filo dough pie. Very rich flavors, but super yummy. I think this year we are going to buy the cook book so we don't have to wait a year for this delicious food.
4. Golf. Funny that I appreciate this, because I don't golf. But Daniel does. It's good for him. I like how it helps him and the benefits I see from his golfing. Sometimes I ride along and enjoy the quietness of the golf course and being outside.
5. Rain. I love the smell of moisture on the ground and in the air. Sometimes you can smell it before it comes. It makes the earth feel richer and more fertile. It restores me in a way and makes my soul feel clean. I love it.
What's making you smile this week?
Want to know more? Email us at email@example.com!